Welcome Letter from Pastors Mark and Sarah
Bethlehem Lutheran Church is a vibrant, friendly, dynamic community of 2300 in St. Charles, IL that would love to include YOU! We are a group of imperfect and passionate people who come together to encounter God in worship, in one another, and in the world around us. We are not interested in “making members” of a congregation, but rather we are passionate about helping people live out their discipleship 24/7. We believe that faith should make a difference in how we live our lives, every moment, not just when we are “at church.”
We are a congregation that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. For us, this faith comes through the good news of Jesus Christ and gives us the freedom and the courage to wonder, discover and boldly participate in what God is up to in the world.
Even though Bethlehem has been active in ministry for almost 150 years, we are a church that is always being made new. At the same time, we are deeply rooted in Scripture and Lutheran theology. It’s through these roots that the Holy Spirit guides and nourishes us so that we can be a congregation that is both resilient and always new.
We welcome you to join this community of faith, regardless of your age, race, gender, sexuality, life experience, complexities or questions. Whether you have been a Lutheran Christian your entire life or are in a place where you’re just beginning to explore becoming part of a faith community, you are welcome here. We believe all people have a unique story that can only add to the richness of our congregation’s story and, even more importantly, to the story that God is writing in the world.
- Bethlehem has approximately 650 member families with a total baptized membership of approximately 2,000.
- We celebrate with nearly 600 people each weekend at our 4 diverse worship services (Saturday eve, Sunday 8am, Sunday 9:15, Sunday 10:30). For more information on our services, click here.
- Nearly 200 children participate in Bethlehem’s Sunday Church School program.
- Bethlehem’s Vacation Bible School (VBS) enjoys participation of nearly 200 young people from Bethlehem and the Fox Valley community.
- Bethlehem celebrates Confirmation of our 9th graders on Reformation Sunday (late October) and have historically confirmed approximately 30 of our young people each year.
How to Find Us
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
St. Charles, Illinois
Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church is a congregation of the ELCA, located in the far western suburbs of the Chicago Metropolitan area in Northeastern Illinois.
We are located one mile north of Rt. 64 (Main St.) on Rt. 25 (Fifth Ave.) in Saint Charles, Illinois.
Office Hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM daily except holidays. During the summer, the church office will close at 3:00PM on Fridays.