The Congregation Council has general oversight of the life and activities of this congregation. The primary duties of the Congregation Council include the following:
- Leading the congregation in stating its mission which includes long-range planning, setting goals and priorities, and evaluating activities in light of our mission and goals.
- Seeking to involve all members of the congregation to worship, learn, support, nurture, witness, and serve.
- Overseeing and providing for the administration of the congregation to enable it to fulfill its functions and perform its mission.
- Maintaining supportive relationships with the pastors and staff and helping them annually to evaluate the fulfillment of their calling or employment.
- Being examples individually and corporately of the style of life and ministry expected of all baptized persons.
- Promoting a congregational climate of peace and goodwill, and, as differences and conflicts arise, to endeavor to foster mutual understanding.