Welcome Message from Pastor Sarah
Bethlehem Lutheran Church is a vibrant, welcoming, dynamic community that would love to include YOU! We are a group of imperfect and passionate people who come together to encounter God in worship, in one another, and in the world around us.
We are a congregation that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. God’s grace through Jesus Christ gives us the freedom to admit our need for God, as it also frees us to boldly participate in what God is up to in the world. We believe faith should make a difference in how we live our lives, and so our mission is to INVITE all people to become disciples of Christ, to NURTURE each other’s faith, and to GO into the world to live for God.
Even though Bethlehem has been active in ministry for almost 150 years, we are a church that is always being made new. We are deeply rooted in Scripture and Lutheran theology, and it is through these roots that the Holy Spirit guides and transforms us into a community that is open to growth and change.
We welcome you to join this community of faith, regardless of your age, race, gender, sexual orientation, life experience, or religious background. Whether you have been a Lutheran Christian your entire life or are in a place where you’re just beginning to explore becoming part of a faith community, you are welcome here. We believe all people have a unique story that can only add to the richness of our congregation’s story and, even more importantly, to the story that God is writing in the world.
Learn more about Pastor Sarah – click HERE.
- Bethlehem has approximately 650 member families with a total baptized membership of approximately 2,000.
- We celebrate worship with nearly 600 people each weekend at our 4 diverse services (Saturday evening, Sunday 8:00am, 9:15am, and 10:30am).
- Nearly 200 children participate in Bethlehem’s Sunday Church School program.
- Bethlehem’s Vacation Bible School (VBS) enjoys participation of nearly 200 young people from Bethlehem and the Fox Valley community.
- Bethlehem celebrates Confirmation of our 9th graders on Reformation Sunday (late October) and have historically confirmed approximately 30 of our young people each year.
How to Find Us
Bethlehem Lutheran Church, St. Charles, Illinois
Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church is a congregation of the ELCA, located in the far western suburbs of the Chicago Metropolitan area in Northeastern Illinois.
We are located one mile north of Rt. 64 (Main St.) on Rt. 25 (Fifth Ave.) in Saint Charles, Illinois.
Office Hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm daily except holidays. During the summer, the church office closes at 3:00pm on Fridays.